Winter can leave its trace on our skin and hair. Between the ice cold outdoors and heated, stuffy indoors, your skin and hair can be left feeling irritated, dry and in need of some good ol’ TLC!
Apart from your normal daily skin and hair care routine, there’s other ways you can treat your outermost layer. Nourish from the inside and release your natural glow with this beauty bowl. It’s loaded with these ingredients that do wonders for your skin and hair health:
Avocado – Contains Omega 3’s for glowing skin
Eggs – Rich with Vitamin B12 for healthy hair
Matcha – Packed with antioxidants to protect your skin
Leafy Greens – Contains antioxidants to boost hydration and elasticity, Vitamin C and Vitamin E
Almonds – Contains Vitamin E to help protect your skin and hair from the sun
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 free-range eggs
- 3 heaped cups fresh spinach
- ½ cucumber, shaved into strips
- 100g edamame, blanched & removed from pods
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ lemon, sliced
- 2 tablespoon greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ lemon, juice
- ¼ lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Matcha
- In a saucepan, lightly simmer 4 cups of water.
- Crack eggs into the water and lightly poach how you like them.
- Start putting your salad together in the meantime.
- Combine the spinach, cucumber, edamame, seeds and nuts with the dressing, in a large bowl.
- Divide between 2 bowls.
- Once the eggs are done, add them on top of your salad.
- Top your salad with the avocado, 1 tablespoon of the yoghurt (on each bowl) and sliced lemon.
- Finish with the Matcha Salt and enjoy!