3 – 4 medium orange sweet potatoes (white also works here!)
300g cauliflower florets
1 red onion
6 cloves of garlic
1 can coconut cream
½ tsp white pepper
3 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
2 cups vegetable stock
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C and grease a baking tray.
- Wash and roughly chop the sweet potato and toss in olive oil, salt and 1 tsp of paprika.
- Do the same with the cauliflower.
- Roast the veggies for 30 minutes or until they begin to char on the outsides and are cooked through. Halfway through roasting, add the cloves of garlic to the cauliflower tray to roast them together.
- While the veggies are roasting, set a saucepan on the stove and bring the 2 cups of vegetable stock to a boil.
- Finely chop the onion. In a separate large pot, pan fry the onions until soft.
- Add the roasted veggies to the pot with the onions.
- Then add the vegetable stock, coconut cream and the remaining spices. Halve the lemon and squeeze the juice into the pot.
- Simmer for a few minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- Taste and add salt & pepper to your preference.
- Allow soup to cool to room temperature before blending it together in a jug blender, using an immersion blender or in batches in a Nutribullet.
- You can add more water here to get the consistency that you like. An extra ½ a cup or cup of water will make it smoother, or if you prefer a thick chunky soup then leave it as is.
- Once blended you can reheat the soup, serve with a drizzle of coconut cream, sliced radish or even some croutons!